TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Running Hills at Aliso/woods

Today's run (Sunday) was a hilly 11 miles at, you guessed it, Aliso Wood Canyons Park.  And I know that I've said this before, but it was GLORIOUS -- the park's filled with spring flowers, friendly people, blue skies.  Plus, I didn't see one Rattler.  Yes!

(For those of you who know the park, this was my out-and-back: Through Canyon Vistas park, up Cholla Trail, Westridge, then down Rock It, Coyote Run to Mathis, then up I went to Westridge all the way to Top of the World -- Return was the reverse.)

With the hip injury gone, I'm working on eliminating leg cramps.  Today's run was an experiment.  I didn't drink electrolytes on the run, only water.  Instead, I drank Pedialyte on the way to the park. Result:  No cramps.  But I usually don't experience cramps on runs of this mileage.  Then again, hills sometimes bring them on.  And today was filled with hills.  Speaking of which, my featured trail of the day is Rock It -- see video (sorry so long) below.

Pretty, pretty spring flowers at Aliso/Wood Cyns Park
FEATURED TRAIL OF THE DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment