TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Six Creek Crossings

Thursday morning, I changed my running plans on a whim.  I just didn’t feel like the rolling coastal hills of Aliso/Wood Canyons.  I was more in the mood for the long, lonely, stretched out trail called Arroyo Trabuco.  I parked in Las Flores, a town not too far from home, and kicked up my feet along a strand of dirt next to The Water District,

and made my way down to Arroyo Trabuco:

I made 6 creek crossings (or crick crossings, depending where you’re from) --

One:

Two:

Three:

Four:

Five:

Six:

I had some close calls, but didn’t fall in once.  I ran all the way to the back entrance of O’Neill park (at the base of the Saddleback Mountains).  Here I turned around and headed back --

My total out-and-back measured about 13.5 miles (approx. 22k).  I made the same number of creek crossings for the “back”, minus one.  I was running out of time, so I took a short-cut back to the truck.  Ends up the “short cut” was such a climb, though I cut some distance from my run, I don’t think I cut much time.  Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment