TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, April 24, 2015

Nothing New

It’s nothing new that I can’t part with my jacket on cool runs, then within a mile I have it tied around my waist for the rest of my run.  I wore my jacket around my waist for 11 of the 12 miles I ran yesterday morning.  I can deal with that.  Oddly, it’s worth the trade – I’d rather not freeze for the mere mile.  Call me an oddball.  It’s also nothing new that I ran this 12.08 mile loop in Aliso/Wood Canyons, my home trails.  But it is fairly new that I ran the loop counter-clockwise.  Usually, I like to get the climbing over quickly, grind it out right away in the beginning. This is the way of the clockwise loop in Aliso/Wood Canyons (from the ranger station).  Instead, I chose the long slow, rolling hills, climb to Top of the World.  The climbing lasts longer, but when I come off the ridge running, counter-clockwise, I am only about two miles from my truck.  There’s something soothing about that. 

It’s also nothing new that I thought about pretty much nothing during those long twelve miles – as in my mind was blank during this run.  And as I ran back in toward my truck I reminded myself that I really need to get back to thinking about whether or not I want to continue all this nonsense.  One of these days when I have a moment . . . Smile with tongue out

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES4 23 154 23 15a

12.08 miles (19.44 km), 1,190’ (363m) elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment