TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

WalkAbout

Gotta keep moving!

Hot and muggy in my parts, but nothing like what a little drive inland will give you. We are still WELL below 100 F. We even had a little rain the other night. And it pretty much constantly looks like a thunder storm is going to burst down upon us. Plus despite the humidity, we still have those cool ocean breezes a plenty!

Sunday late afternoon (7/30), I decided on the coolest route possible to get my legs moving – a walkabout in my own town. Took off on an incline to move inland some, then I caught the bike path down to Monarch Beach, where the Monarch Links (a golf club) overlooks the shore.

Miles for this loop totaled 7.7. Dark clouds loomed above. Cool breezes blew in my face. I am just so dang spoiled here. The climb out of Dana Strands to the Headlands was really tough (need I mention I’m out of shape!). But it was well worth it to venture across the Headlands. I arrived home just after the street lights came on.

Monarch Links:IMG_0759

At Salt Creek:IMG_0765

Salt Creek, or maybe Dana Strands:IMG_0773

Hiking the Headlands:IMG_0777IMG_0782

Back in town:IMG_0785

No comments:

Post a Comment