TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Monday, January 25, 2021

Willing to Suffer

I am a few hikes behind, so I’ll make January 17th’s hike quick, as it was somewhat quick (around 6 miles) and also since it was much the same as the hike before that on the 14th, which was also focused on travelling back to my spot, the secret place that was hidden in plain sight. Yah, that one.

It was a gorgeous day of course, though my mood was somber. Santa Catalina Island was in plain sight, and the Saddleback Mountains stood boldly on the skyline. Aliso/Wood Canyons feels new to me again. For some reason, I’m seeing a whole lot of new possibilities. A lot of them involve climbing out (as opposed to climbing in), but I’m willing to suffer. Winking smile 

View from Alta Laguna Park in Laguna Beach:IMG_4943Heading down West Ridge:IMG_4947Wood Creek:IMG_4958The Destination:IMG_4980IMG_4997Climbing Out:IMG_5017IMG_5028IMG_5029IMG_5043

No comments:

Post a Comment