TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, March 26, 2021

Santiago Retreat Stations of the Cross

In between Black Star and Silverado Canyons is a canyon named Baker’s Canyon. I’ve hiked there just once some years ago on Good Friday up to a giant cross up on a hill there that you can see all the way from Black Star Canyon. Naturally, I have been wanting to get back to Baker’s Canyon but that is difficult being that much of the land is on private property. That is until Lent. During Lent, the Santiago Retreat sets up “Stations of the Cross” for the public to hike. And so Friday, March 19, I was on it! I believe that this is more of a Catholic tradition, and I am not Catholic. I will say that I like this tradition of hiking the stations of the cross. The total hike measured only about 2 miles, but the climb was steep!  Afterward, they served a Lenten Feast (fish fry) at the bottom of the mountain that was on-going from 3 to 7pm. It was delicious! 

IMG_6911IMG_6907IMG_6908

Group photo of me and my husband:

IMG_6901IMG_6904

No comments:

Post a Comment