TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Nice N' Easy (But I still have lots of gray)

Yesterday's recovery was a little tough.  After about an hour of leg and foot cramps, I thought it would be a good idea to take some Eurolytes.  Cramps?  They disappearred shortly after.  (Note to self:  pack lots and lots of eurolytes for Calico race).

I wished I could have made the group run scheduled for today.  I woke after 8AM, tired and stiff.  And I don't mean to be complaining, but I've got that dang IT band problem again -- but on the opposite side.

About 2:30 this afternoon, I took a nice n' easy run down to the harbor.  The skies were cloudy and it felt like a cold front was coming in.  The sidewalks were crowded, the restaurants too.  Saw some old neighbors, chatted for a few minutes, and I was off again, through the wharf, in and about the crowds of walkers. 

Back home before I knew it, I took extra care stretching in the backyard.  The foam roller is out for some over-time. 

Now is the time to cut back mileage and work on psyching out the mind.     : ) 

Miles logged today:  5.35

No comments:

Post a Comment