TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

On the Trail Again

I finally made it back out on the trail, this time on a group run.  (Trail runs are far and few between nowadays -- I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get to the doctor for this hip.)  It was great to see my good running friend Tom and meet a new running friend Jeff. 

The weather was beautiful for this President's Day run.  I dressed for a cold morning and by the first stop, 1 1/2 miles in at the Wood Canyon Trail entrance, I had to tie my longsleeves around my race.

We took Wood Canyon in a little ways, then up Dripping Cave Trail we ran -- gosh it's been ages since I've seen Robber's Cave.  Its roof was covered with lush green ferns. 

Tom turned back at the cave for a 5 mile round trip, while Jeff and I continued on out of Dripping Cave Trail to hit Mathis.  We ran down Mathis toward the creek.  Looking back up Mathis we could see a cluster of runners making their way up the steep climb.  That's something I hardly ever see.  Maybe a cluster of hikers, or cyclists, but not runners on Mathis (not unless I'm in the group).

Jeff and I continued running up Wood Canyon, crossed over the stream and passed the Old Corral and turned around at the bridge at the second stream crossing.  High school cross country runners were making their way in as we ran back on Wood Canyon, chatting along the way, agreeing on everything.  He has much the same philosophy as I regarding running and things.

Pleasant run indeed.  The bummer part was my hip ached a little more than usual for the rest of the day.

Miles logged on Monday:  7

Getting ready to take off
Me, Tom and Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment