TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Last Run Before The Big Run

Last night I dreamt that I was running, and running, and running, and running.  I woke every other hour, and went back to sleep to do some more running.  Just before I woke this morning, I couldn’t pick up my pace as I ran single-track trails, though I tried and tried.  And then, every dozen steps or so, I lost all coordination.  It was like I forgot how to run – I couldn’t put the pieces together.  I’d finally figure it out, start running again, then WHAM, I’d lose my coordination again! 

I was dang tired when I woke.

Today I got in a leisurely single-digit run with a friend who recently moved to Colorado.  Lisa (Mom to Marathon) was here with her family on spring break, staying a mere mile or so from my home.  So, we got a chance to run trails together once again.  I can’t think of a better way to spend my last run before the big run.  We chatted the entire time, running rolling hills and a technical descent down Rock It.  It was over before I knew it. 

Now is the time to just sit and wait. Smile

Running Cholla, West Ridge, Rock It, Coyote Run,Wood Creek, Wood Cyn 3-21-2013, Elevation

2 comments:

  1. That was the perfect dream to have. You have worked out all the possible run issues in your sleep so you don't have to go through them in reality! You can put all that behind you & go forward with all the kinks worked out! Right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right?! Even though I didn't finish, I got to work out more kinds. Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete