TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Better For It

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESI’m working such crazy hours nowadays (a split shift actually, ending around 9PM on most days), that I am getting most of my workouts in the gym.  I don’t hate it. But of course, I’d rather be out in the wilderness. Thankfully, I got in a trail run this past Friday, a good long run totalling 11.19 miles in Aliso/ Wood Cyn Wilderness. It nearly knocked me on my butt (not that I nearly fell, but rather that it wiped me out). But I am better for it. So, so, so better for it.

It’s still cold, but just cold relatively (say 50 to 60F, about 10 to 15C – I know, I have it tough). The jacket came off after about a mile. But I wasn’t crazy for shade, and I only filled my pack about half way, so as to not carry too much weight. I didn’t even drink it all (which was less than 35 fl. ounces – sorry, I don’t know the metric equivilant to that).

My route: Aliso Canyon, Wood Canyon, Mathis, Coyote Run, Rock It, West Ridge, Top of the World, Meadows, Wood Canyon, Aliso Canyon.

Elevation gain: 1,233 feet

Coyote Run:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Rock It:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Meadows:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

1 29 16

No comments:

Post a Comment