TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, April 1, 2016

Old Goat 50 / A Quick Behind the Scenes

Just when I was getting the posts caught up, I’m falling behind again. So, I’ll make this quick. Last Saturday, March 27, Old Goat 50 took place. Old Goat 50 is a 50 mile / 50 k Old Goat race that I coordinate volunteers for. This race went smoother than any race that I’ve coordinated to date. And the credit is not mine; it all goes to the volunteers. We always have great volunteers who give so much of themselves – so much time and energy all for free. This time it was especially true. The number of aid station workers was slim due to it being Easter weekend. But even short staffed, they came through like champs. We also had enough drivers, such wonderful, wonderful drivers, who really made it all a success.

I regret that I did not take a photo of every single volunteer. In awe again.

A few behind-the-scene shots:

I set out the day before – this was the view from my home:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Net Control:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESCourse Sweeps:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Lower Blue Jay Aid Station with race director Steve Harvey:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Driver loading up (left) to take Santiago Peak AS volunteers up the mountain (right):SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Posing with the crew from OC4Play12377561_10206009306580820_2324787924513250161_oSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment