TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Unexpected Day Off

I didn’t know that I had a day off from class last Thursday. The evening I had already secured a substitute so that I could attend my sons’ award ceremony, but I had planned to work during the day. My students though kept telling me that there were no classes on Thursday because it was the last day before final exams. Finally, I decided to look up the official school calendar. Sure enough, no class.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESAnd so I set off into the wild blue yonder, Santiago Truck Trail that is, on a warm weekday mid-morning. Though much of the wild grass has turned brown, spring flowers were still in full bloom. My goal was to the flag and back. Goal met. I did much thinking, but some of the time I thought about nothing, and that was really the most refreshing part. I ran only some of the time, hiked much of it, perhaps a third. This is some of what it was like:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

7.31 miles, 1,300’ elevation gained.

5 18 17

No comments:

Post a Comment