TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Eventually Arrived

Yesterday, I finally felt well enough to venture out for some activity. I opted for the gym. 1 hour on the AMT (Adaptive Motion Trainer) and 1 hour on the cycle. I felt good and refreshed after finally getting some exercise. That was my test run on whether I could handle any strenuous activity. Next step, to hit the trails for a hike, which I did today around 3pm. I am still a somewhat ill, but it’s just really congestion and a slight cough. Starting off slowly (as in a short distance) was definitely my best bet. My route today was West Ridge in Aliso Viejo to Top of the World in Laguna Beach. It’s just a straight shot of rolling hills to the top – lots of people, both on feet and on bikes, plus a few little detours to add a tad bit more elevation. I felt strong the entire trip, granted it was only five miles. I am grateful that starting over doesn’t mean ACTUALLY starting over. Starting over at five miles is good.

Being that I took a ridge route, I didn’t see much wildlife, except for some birds, and a stinkbug or two. The snakes have all gone into hiding, and deer and wild cats are seldom seen up there. I did breathe in a gnat through my nose. That was uncomfortable. Overall though, I felt pretty comfortable for the entire trip. And I’m okay with not running even a single inch of it.

IMG_0389IMG_0392IMG_0394IMG_0400IMG_0407IMG_0408IMG_0415IMG_0418IMG_0422

12 28 17a

12 28 17

No comments:

Post a Comment