TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Thursday, December 22, 2022

The Awesomeness of Solitude

Last Saturday, December 17, I took my usual hike of late – 10 miles, 5 out and 5 back on Black Star Canyon Road. No permit required for parking, no off-roading or windy mountain driving. Perfect for what I need right now. I’m easing back into it.

The dirt truck trail up Black Star Canyon was surprisingly empty for a Saturday morning/afternoon. I came upon several cyclists and one hiker that I spoke with briefly, but for the most part, I found myself completely alone. The awesomeness of absolute solitude on a lonely mountain road never ceases to amaze me. It feels like the utmost freedom – freedom to feel and think and question. Freedom to not think at all and just be in the Now. The solitude of a long lonely road brings me immeasurable peace. Thank God for that.

IMG_0755IMG_0765IMG_0789IMG_0819IMG_0805IMG_0823IMG_0831IMG_0842

No comments:

Post a Comment