TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Monday, July 15, 2013

What a Difference a Day Makes

Day Two:  My feet hit pavement this morning before work.  I ran a nice out-and-back along the local beaches.  I felt tired, and a bit draggy.  But I felt good.  I haven’t run a short run in a long time.  Not only was this run short, it was pretty dang flat.  And flat is nice.  It’s okay, I suppose, not to suffer immensely during a multi-hour run.  4.53 miles is A-okay, especially when it’s day two of my running streak.

The weather was cool, yet humid.  Very few runners were out and about.  I noticed many things on this run that I don’t encounter on trails.  To begin, the smells were delicious – the aroma of bacon, eggs, pancakes, and more billowed out from the campgrounds.  A train raced by.  The breeze was cool and not hot.  Countless seagulls scampered for trash strewn about the sand.  And there was lots of trash, let me tell you!  The odd thing was, most of the trash was grouped very closely to trashcans.

What?  This person couldn’t take the extra step?
And this person too?
Day two complete, and I feel good about that.  How odd it is to run without the weight of my pack, and to arrive back at home relatively clean.  (4.53 miles run)

4 comments:

  1. A strange run for you indeed. I run on the road every morning during the week and only get to the trails on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do these runs more often. I just hate stopping for stop lights. :/

      Delete
  2. Wow. Even reading the post seems weird.

    ReplyDelete