TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, November 8, 2013

Four-By-Four

This morning, I had lots of time, but lots of chores.  Fortunately, I had a goal of only eight miles to run.  For the life of me, I could NOT decide where to run.  I’ve been blasting through gasoline like water lately, so I couldn’t justify driving a great deal.  Finally I decided on Aliso/Wood Canyons (surprise!).  I ran Aliso Canyon, turned right into Wood Canyon until I reached four miles.  Then I turned around and ran back.  I saw four coyotes (not all at once, actually two at a time).  I saw the loner blue heron I always see.  And I came across many hikers. 

My foot felt pretty darn good, just some slight pain toward the end of the eight miles.  And I ran faster than usual, so I was more fatigued than usual after this length of a run. 

Result:  success

Time to turn around:

No comments:

Post a Comment