TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Smack-In-The-Middle-Of-The-Afternoon Trail Miles

140806_004Still have not managed to get up at the crack of dawn – summer is turning me into a sleepy head. Sad smile  I did manage to get in  some smack-in-the-middle-of-the-afternoon trail miles today however.  Yes, the weather was extremely hot.  But I’m getting used to that. Smile I quickly exited the canyon (Wood Canyon, which tends to trap in heat for a furnace-like run) and headed for the ridge.  This decision proved to be the best choice with occasional ocean breezes blowing my way.  And go figure, I didn’t see one other runner out there on the trails this afternoon. 

A View from Top of the World:140806_008140806_009

8 6 14

1 comment:

  1. I find summer mornings very easy to get up even though I prefer winter running. I hope one day I get to take a photo from On Top of the World :)

    ReplyDelete