TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Arroyo Trabuco out of San Juan Capistrano

Sunday, March 13, I decided to take it relatively easy by hiking Arroyo Trabuco Trail out of San Juan Capistrano late in the afternoon. We’ve changed the clocks, so I’ve got more hours of daylight (which is wonderful since I have had so little time to hit the trails).

I don’t have much of a story to report on this one. I got to think quite a bit (since it takes longer to hike a trail, than run it). And I took a different leg of the Arroyo Trabuco because I couldn’t find a place to cross Trabuco Creek beneath Crown Valley Parkway without getting my feet wet. I also came up on a snake, a type I don’t recall ever seeing before. And I saw very little people hiking or running, though several cyclists passed me by.

Taking the new leg instead of crossing beneath Crown Valley turned out interesting (though taking a new trail is ALWAYS interesting to me). This one ventured further and higher away from the trail than I expected. For about a half mile or so, I hiked a very slim muddy path at a slant, then wound down through a green field that finally met up with the creek below at Oso Parkway. Here I finally crossed the creek and headed back into San Juan Capistrano along the portion of Arroyo Trabuco that I am accustomed to. After a few miles, I needed to cross the creek at Crown Valley in order to be on the correct side of the world with my truck. I walked straight through Trabuco Creek, drenching my shoes and socks this time. And this I enjoyed immensely.

9.27 miles with a mere 443’ elevation gained.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment