TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Big Loop, Version 1

I am going to make this blogpost quick and mostly pictures because I am quite behind on journaling trails and I am running ragged with things to do. Still teaching at 3 locations, I have meetings and two weekend (back-to-back) trips that I’m prepping for, not to mention regular stuff like chores, and getting my boys off to school, music lessons and so on.

Up to bat is my 4/21/18 (last Saturday) run-hike. The loop I took on is a classic of mine. Though I much prefer mountain trails over the coastal hills (for many reasons), this coastal hills loop wasn’t too shabby. I have enjoyed it for many years. I call this one: The Big Loop, Version 1 (straight from Aliso/Wood Canyons Wilderness).

12.05 mi, 1,225’ gain.

Aliso Canyon Trail:IMG_1607IMG_1615

Wood Canyon:IMG_1618Top of the World:

IMG_1668IMG_1670

Meadows Trail:IMG_1679IMG_1690IMG_1692

Route: Aliso Cyn/Wood Cyn/Cholla/WestRidge/Top of the World/Meadows Trail/Wood Cyn/Aliso Cyn

4 21 18a4 21 18

No comments:

Post a Comment