TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, November 6, 2020

Angst

Wow. 2020. After the last hike, my first hike since July, the skies turned gray with smoke from the Silverado Fire. Funny, I had been dreaming and contemplating about heading out to Silverado Canyon to take in the yellow Maple leaves of fall. It was the month of October, so fire season gave us quite a few fires up and down the state those couple of weeks. And then, the election. Again, 2020. Wow.

In between the two (the fires and the elections) I did manage to get out for a long walkabout in my local stomping grounds. (I know, I need to get out to other trails, but gosh . . . 2020). I decided to go long(ish) on Halloween day without working myself up to it, and I am so grateful for it.

I hiked 12.5 miles (yes, the Big Loop @ Aliso/Woods) with a moderate amount of elevation gain,1,480’. My legs really started feeling it around mile 9. And they felt like jelly at the end. I must say that it felt good to push it. Got rid of some angst (at least temporarily).

My photo strategy for the day: Mile Markers.

Aliso Canyonmile1a Wood Canyonmile2a  Wood Canyonmile3a  Wood Canyonmile4aCholla Trail

mile5aWest Ridgemile6West Ridgemile7a

Alta Laguna Blvd. (after exiting park en route to enter again to close up loop)mile8aOverlooking the Pacific on way to Meadows Trailmile9aMeadows Trailmile10aMeadows Trailmile11aAliso Canyonmile12a

No comments:

Post a Comment