TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Sunday, November 29, 2020

Flag Hike

The best thing about the holidays is having my boys home. I have two off at college now. One is out of state and the other is still in California, close enough to come home for Thanksgiving break. So, we went for a hike, a 4 mile flag hike overlooking the town he grew up in. All these years my sons have  been able to see the flag in the hills from afar. I used to point it out when I dropped the boys off at elementary school – I think every day. I was happy to finally show one of my sons up front in person. I was still tired from my Black Star Canyon hike, so I dragged a bit. The clouds were dark with rays of sunlight filtering through. It was of course delightful. Loving the holiday season this year.

Las Ramblas Trails     IMG_4531 San Juan Capistrano Mission from afarIMG_4535IMG_4550IMG_4552IMG_4556IMG_4558

No comments:

Post a Comment