TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, August 14, 2009

Easy, Breezy Run

I have got to fit in short runs more often -- they do much for my attitude. I woke Thursday morning dead, I mean DEAD, to the world. And I told myself, "This must mean that I need more sleep, I should go back to bed." But I got plenty of sleep. I was just down. So I sat around, down, for a good hour and a half, then finally ran out the front door. I ran the marina, the wharf, on a practically empty road. There were a few walkers, two other runners. The sky was gray, the surf calm, and these big feet felt like feathers. That quick run lifted my spirits almost instantly. I felt strong, and pushed it harder. Adding a little more here and a little more there, I didn't want to stop running! Finally, I stopped myself. I also didn't want to lose that easy, breezy run.

Miles logged Thursday A.M.: 5.89

No comments:

Post a Comment