TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I’m Back

Here’s something that I didn’t know:  I didn’t know that I’d be more wiped out chaperoning 7th and 8th grade musicians on a three day trip than if I had run 20 miles for three days in a row.  I stayed up way past my bed time.  I ate way more calories than I’m used to.  And I had to be way more alert than usual.   (But I really had a joyous time.)

Arriving home Sunday evening, I thought surely I’d run Monday.  I needed a run.  Monday came.  I got our sons off to school and I drove straight home and went to bed!  I slept until 1:30 in the afternoon.  Then I picked up our sons from school, returned home and took a nap.  No joke! 

The weather this morning (Tuesday) was cloudy, misty and wet.  Not my favorite running weather.  It was time though to get back into the grove.  This weekend is my 24 Hour Nanny Goat Run (by the way if you’d like to contribute to The Wounded Warrior Project, see the link on the right for my pledge page).  And next week I begin my Twin Peaks training plan. 

I felt eager to put in ten plus miles today.  But with a lingering cough, I decided to just take it relatively easy, run some elevation and work on form.  Most of all, I wanted to enjoy.  And enjoy I did on this short(ish) out-and-back to Top of the World.  I worked up quite a sweat on this cool spring day. 

I’m officially back.

Greetings from Top of the World:

6.43 miles (10.35 km) run this morning:  My Activities cyn vistas out-and-back to top of the world 5-22-2012, Elevation - Distance

4 comments:

  1. Hope the cough is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are back! I'm not surprised the time away with the kids was so hard :) What is the format of your 24 hour run? I love 24 hour runs! My best is 173km (107.5 miles) in 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Johann. The 24 hour run is a one mile loop. Yikes! At least it's trail and it's on a ranch. I really have no goals, mainly because I've never run this kind of race. I think 107.5 miles is terrific! I don't even know if I can stay awake for 24 hours straight. They also have 2 back-to-back 12 hour races going on during the same 24 hours.

      Delete