TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back on Easy Street

Today was my first run of “Easy” week of my “Hard-Hard-Easy” training plan.  I couldn’t hit the trails until after work, which meant my feet didn’t hit dirt until 12:30 PM.  And it was HOT.  But I at least drove to Wood Canyon, and after running up Cholla Trail I got to run the rolling hills of West Ridge which overlooks the Pacific Ocean.   Here and there I got some ocean breezes.  Wonderful run.  Lots of squirrels.  No snakes, but snake “tracks.”  ALSO, also, and this is big, I came upon at least a half dozen runners.  

So on “Easy” week (which really means less mileage) I got the added plus of heat training.

Hope your runs are happy this week.

Hooray for Easy Week! SmileMy Activities cyn vistas out-and-back to top of the world 7-3-2012, Elevation - Distance

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is nice Lauren! I need to work on my heat training next summer. My future plans includes some warm races... Sorry for the deleted comment...my head has some deleted spots inside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your heat training Johann! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete