TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Back to Old Camp

It’s probably been three years since I’ve been to “Old Camp” (a historical American Indian Camp in the Cleveland National Forest).  Last week Santiago Truck Trail encouraged me to head back there again.  Monday, I ran with my friend Kelly, a smiley, optimistic runner, whom every runner should have the great opportunity to run with.  She is funny, witty and pretty – a funny lady with a lot of patience.  Usually, I’m a lone runner.  That’s not always good.  Why?  Because left to my own devices, well . . . let’s just say, it doesn’t always end well (or at the very least, I don’t always get what I should from the experience).

Monday, I got what I should from the experience.

My friend Kelly is a blessing.

She helped me stay in the present (THE ENTIRE 16.5 MILES)

View from Santiago Truck Trail (overlooking The OC and the Pacific Ocean):The Vulture Crags at approximately 3 miles on Santiago Truck Trail:Snack break in “Old Camp”:Climbing out of “Old Camp”:

This was one tough 16.5 mile run – one well worth it.  There were times (at oh, approximately the half-way point!! that I didn’t think I could take another step forward, yet I did –- this is what it is all about sometimes with me).  Thanks for reading!!  Merry Christmas.

12 22 1412 23 14 a

No comments:

Post a Comment