TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Monday, June 15, 2015

Beautiful Disaster

Boy have I been fooled and spoiled by our marine layer.  Socked in every day, living in perpetual shade fooled me into thinking that I could drive to the top of Ortega Highway and run along Los Pinos Trail (and during the afternoon no less!).  Ummm, I practically stroked out.  Seriously, in the most beautiful, idyllic scenery, nausea set in, a familiar feeling I’ve experienced from heat sickness.  I needed to rest often, and wanted to collapse to the ground for a better rest, and probably would have if I wasn’t on such a remote trail. 

Well, with that said, it was a beautiful run (kinda run, mostly hike), and just a mere six miles, I did survive.  I even smiled often and posted “guess this trail” pictures to Facebook.  And as an added bonus point, I got a good ass-kicking on a terribly technical trail.  Kept myself upright the entire time.  Best of all, thank God, “Lordly, Lordy had mercy on me.” Smile

Scenes from the beautiful disaster:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

6 15 15

1 comment: