TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Onshore Breeze

Slept in good and long this morning. Finally dragged myself out of bed about 9AM and peeked out the window blinds. We were socked in. Glory be to God! Today, I thought, just might be a day that I forgo the air-conditioned gym for some running. Still, I was leery. I did not want to get caught out in the heat, such the baby that I am nowadays. Fearing the clouds would part, I put off the decision, instead washing dishes and doing laundry for the next couple of hours. When I finally ventured out doors during this chore period of the day, I found that we had a onshore breeze going on. For those who do not live near a body of water, this means that it was cool out, almost cold actually. Decision made, I didn’t waste any time driving to another location. I took advantage of the cool weather on the spot and ran out the front door.  I ran 5.75 miles along the coast, enjoying every single bit of it. The skies were gray, yes. And it was a bit muggy.  But still that onshore breeze kept me going.

I did not have a brush on me Smile:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESComing into Capo Beach:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESLooking toward The Headlands and the Dana Point Harbor:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESAnother Cow:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment