TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, February 24, 2017

Chiquito Falls Roars Again

I made it out to Chiquito Falls last Monday. Crossed San Juan Creek at knee-high depth, and trekked up to that spot that has been dry for so many years. It was a beautiful time, cloudy yes, and rather tiring. But what a sight – what a loud, roaring sight! I only ran some of the way up. Then I ran most of the way on the way back. And it was just when the trail flattened out some that I fell. I tripped and flew forward, hitting the ground quickly. Fortunately, the landing was soft, and I must have got in a slight roll there, because I wasn’t hurt at all. Anyway, this is gonna be mainly a picture post, mostly because I’m so behind, but also because the scenery was so picture worthy.

On the way to Chiquito Trail, looking over the edge of San Juan Loop:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Creek crossing at beginning of Chiquito Trail:SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES2 20 17a2 20 17

9.30 miles, 1,678 ‘ gained

No comments:

Post a Comment