TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Glad to Run

I hit the pavement this morning, feeling terrible, down, not wanting to run, but knowing that I'd want to run eventually. I made no plan where to run, and though I warmed up some, I felt pretty miserable as I ran into the town center.  Refusing to make any decisions on distance or route, I thought I'd just give it some time, then call it a day if I needed to. 

I looked at my watch when it hit me -- gladness, that is. It was precisely 56 minutes after leaving my front door. From then on out, I enjoyed running through the local beaches, wharf and marina. Taking in more calories than usual (as it seems that on these long runs I am lacking greatly in fuel intake) I felt strong for the remainder of the run.

This is why I keep running even on those days when I don't feel like it. I know it's only a matter of time, usually, when I'm glad I'm out there running.

Miles logged this morning:  17.2

No comments:

Post a Comment