TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Thursday, June 17, 2010

First Run Back

I headed out this morning for my first run back.  My goal, a fairly short run, but one with elevation.  I just wanted to see if I could do it comfortably.  And I did.  I ran up Cholla Trail, up and down Westridge to Top of the World in Laguna Beach.  Then I turned around and ran back.  Running up through Canyon Vistas Park, I giggled to myself and thought "only twenty miles left!" 

I can report this:  I ran for about five minutes before I got my breathing in sync.  The run was tough with all that climbing, but no tougher than usual.  Though I did not run any bursts.  Afterwards, I was crusted with salt.  And one more thing:  Spring is still in the air.  Cool breezes accompanied me.  Wildflowers still dot the hillsides. 

I am officially back. 

Miles logged this morning:  6

 Quick Stop at Top of the World before running back

No comments:

Post a Comment