TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Monday, March 31, 2014

Modjeska Peak in Black and White

Sunday morning, I eventually ended up in Silverado Canyon.  I write “eventually,” because I first found myself parked in a lot up Ortega Highway.  I was sitting in my truck before the sun came up, waiting for the rain to stop.  It didn’t stop, so I drove home.  The best thing is, I was running up Maple Springs much later that morning.  The weather was cool, almost cold, the skies were big and beautiful.  I ran to Modjeska Peak, a peak I have neglected far too long all because I wanted the bigger cookie, Santiago Peak.  Modjeska Peak was delightful.  It was quiet, and it was lonely.  It was so well-worth a climb. 

My trip in black and white:  (14.19 miles, +2,464’)

2 comments:

  1. I love the black and white photos! I started my running streak this morning. Will see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete