I have been holding onto the data deep within my garmin in hopes of eventually uploading all those numbers to GarminConnect. Along with all that data, I have dozens of pieces of paper with cross training workouts scribbled on them to add to my spreadsheets. For months, I’ve been hanging onto this data to finally update 2015 numbers.
BUT then, but then! I opened up my worksheet with years and years worth of data, back to 2006, to find all of 2015’s data missing (I had meticulously recorded numbers through June this year). MISSING. I checked my backup and was able to retrieve a tiny bit of 2015 data, but not enough to reconstruct the year.
And so, I did it. I cut the cord from myself and 2015’s numbers. I’ve absolutely had it with hanging onto old numbers in hopes of updating 2015. I must face the fact that I cannot locate the missing numbers, and I cannot fix my garmin (which contains August through November numbers). In cutting the cord, I threw away all those pieces of paper with numbers scribbled all over them, and then I cut the big cord by resetting my garmin to its factory settings. Yup. I deleted all that unrecorded data.
Whew. So, 2015 will be the year without numbers. And that’s okay. Because now, I have a garmin that works. I used my newly reset garmin for Saturday’s run. I ran down to the beaches for a cool winter run. I went for one of my usual runs, to where the sidewalk ends, to discover that the tides had crumbled the sidewalk away. Gone are my numbers. And gone is the sidewalk.
|Buckled sidewalk at Capo Beach|
|Capo Beach parking lot filled with sand and debris|
|Where the sidewalk used to end|
|Crossing the estuary, heading back through Doheny|