TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year

It has been a rough year.  Not a terrible year, just a rough year, especially emotionally, especially with regards to trails.  Seems almost apropos that I should end 2015 with a broken arm, and compliments of the trail for that matter. 

I am not back to running yet, but I did make it out to the trails the last day of 2015.  I took the splint cast off, yet wrapped my arm because I wanted a little more freedom of movement. I fear that was probably a mistake.  My arm is terribly sore tonight.  Actually both arms are sore, but that’s for a topic in 2016 after my follow-up with the orthopedic surgeon. 

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESFor now, I am so happy to get out this New Year’s Eve.  My route:  a short one, about 6.25 miles into Wood Canyon (in Aliso Viejo), up Cholla Trail to West Ridge, and West Ridge all the way to Top of the World in Laguna Beach.  It was a wonderful hike, and I worked on speeding up my hike speeds on the hills, which will hopefully help me out some come Calico.

Happy New Year! 

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

No comments:

Post a Comment