TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Meadows / Rock It Lollipop Loops

I just love those lollipop loops.  Wrote it before, I’ll write it again:  I’m a loopy girl. 

With limited time this morning, I thought I’d squeeze in a double digit run on my journey out of the rut. 

The sun was hot, the breeze was cool.  Bluish squished lizards decorated the single tracks.  How does that happen? I thought.  I’ve never stepped on a lizard in my life.  I don’t think I could if I tried – not unless I hosed it down with water first.  Then I remembered the bikes.  Yes . . .  the lovely bikes. 

My shins ached for the first 1.5 miles.  Stretching didn’t help the pain.  Only when I began running uphill did the shins feel good.  Then they felt fine the remainder of the run. 

It felt good to run solo in the lonely wilderness.  I relished the time alone.  This morning I got 11.59 miles of alone time.  Then it was back off to the grind, already looking forward to tomorrow’s run.   

Running up Meadows’ switchbacks:

My “Everything’s Gonna Be Alright Bridge,” on Meadows.  Once I cross this bridge the switchbacks stretch out, and the ascent lessens some, and I feel much better about running the entire thing.

Top of Meadows:

But there’s still a tad more to climb:

Running down Rock It:

Coyote Run:

Crossing over Mathis Trail to meet up with Wood Canyon:

Running Up Meadows, Down Rock It 4-23-2013, Elevation

2 comments: