TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, October 25, 2013

Doing Time

Today, I did my time on the trails.  Wasn’t really in the mood.  Didn’t even have that much available time.  I neglected the laundry, dishes, vacuuming however, so I could get out there.  In the process of increasing my weekly mileage, some runs it’s just about the doing time.

I ran past the “Old Corral.”  This was a working corral when when this property was part of a gigantic ranch that the Moulton family owned. 

After 4.5 miles, I ran up out of Wood Canyon, via Cholla Trail.  I struggled a little with the climb, but took opportunity to STOP and take a picture looking back into the canyon.

At mile 7.5, I reached Top of the World, stopped for a quick self-portrait.

At about mile 9, I finally reached the top of Meadows Trail.  Nice and sweaty, I was ready for that windy switch-back trail.

I joyfully ran down Meadows, following some mountain bikers who quickly left me in the dust. 

A mile later, I was running the flat portion of Meadows back into Wood Canyon to close up the loop.

12.20 miles run doing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment