TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Time is Ticking Away

Day 35 of my fitness streak, I got in a short trail run, a 6.5 mile out-and-back to Top of the World in Laguna Beach.  My heel is only slightly better from plantar fasciitis.  It’s bad when I first wake; I can hardly walk.  But it’s been worse.  There were times last year when I had to fall out of bed and crawl out of the bedroom.  Seriously.  Kind of a funny picture eh?

Well, I taped up my right arch quite well and experienced minimal pain during today’s run.  I tried to pick up my pace on the downhills.  I succeeded, but that’s when I tended to get the heel pain. 

Overall, I had a lovely run.  The weather was cool, the ocean was a deep blue.  It’s really time though to start on heavy rehabilitation for the foot.  Time is ticking away.

IMG_7780

Running Cyn Vistas to TOW and back 10-1-2013, Elevation

2 comments:

  1. Take it easy and make sure you get it healed properly. There are still many runs to run in the years to come! :)

    ReplyDelete