TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Doctor’s Orders

Monday I had a follow-up appointment for my arm.  The doctor took another x-ray and said that it’s healing very nicely, that I should have full motion in another week or two.  And I should be back to full strength in another four to six weeks.  I asked whether I had to wear the splint cast, and he said that I did not, which is a good thing since I have been without it frequently, choosing to wrap the arm instead. Now, as per doctor’s orders I can go without it.

And so after the appointment, I went out and celebrated by running my first trails since the accident (again without the splint cast!).  Even with a wrapped arm, I must say, I felt quite comfortable.  Actually, my arm felt more comfortable while running than it did while I was hiking.  So, it looks like I’m back in the game.  Just waiting now for the rain to stop in this rain-forsaken land so that I can get out for some more miles.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESMonday’s route:  Wood Canyon, up Cholla Trail, West Ridge to Top of the World (taking all three detours off and back onto the trail along the way).  Return trip: same as the first, but reverse.  Total miles: 6.57, Total elevation gained: 925’

 

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Always got to get one of the Pacific . . .

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES1 4 16

1 comment: