TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Nines

IMG_0787Looks like nine is my number lately. Saturday, I got in a nine mile run along the beaches in town.  It was a nice flat run, on cement though.  That’s always tougher on me than taking to the trails.  It think it’s probably tougher one me because 1) I run faster, thus fatigue quicker, and 2) my feet problems hate the cement.  The run was lovely nonetheless, especially with this cold weather. Love the cold weather!

My route: Highway One, Doheny Beach, Capistrano Beach, Dana Point Marina, to The Headlands (Ocean Institute) back to Hwy One.

9.14 miles, 365’ gained

IMG_0779IMG_0782

Tuesday, I got in another nine mile run, this time at Aliso/Wood Wilderness Park.  Again, I got to frollick in the cold weather.  And my feet enjoyed the soft dirt so much more.  Certainly was not a flat run.  But I endured.  And I endured until the end, oddly, with less fatigue than my recent flat nine miler. 

My route: Aliso Canyon, Wood Canyon, Meadows Trail, Top of the World, Mathis, Wood Canyon, Aliso Canyon

9.54 miles, 1,169’ of gain

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

1 2 16

No comments:

Post a Comment