TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, July 8, 2016

Beach Loop

With the truck not running yet, and too many days passing after my last run, I ran out the door yesterday (Thursday) for an eight mile about town. I really didn’t wanna do it (with all that cement beneath my feet, and the fact that I might see someone I knew). I had to force myself, but really, I am so fortunate to live and run in such a lovely place as this. I am quite fortunate.

I ran inland for a bit so that I could catch a path down into Monarch Beach. Along the way, I ran past this fountain at one of the resorts in town:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

After the majestic fountain, I had some slight uphill running with practically no shade until I finally came upon this path, a bike path back down toward the coast. It was down hill pretty much until I reached the tunnel that I took beneath Highway One, which lead to Monarch Beach.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

I ran (and walked some too) along Salt Creek:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Then I ran along The Strands, all of it, because my son and his friends were at the beach somewhere in the crowd (and I didn’t want him seeing me walk on one of my “runs.” Winking smile) At the end of The Strands, I took these steps back up to the ridge:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

From there I took The Headlands Trail, a short-cut back into town:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

This was my view of The Strands and Salt Creek along The Headlands:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

Back toward my home, I overlooked the harbor:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

And I passed these three painted bulls:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

I also found My Little Pony in the street:

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

And I was dead-dog tired!

7 7 16

2 comments:

  1. Those are some serious steps. And that's a really pretty fountain. Did you keep the My Little Pony? Or put it back where you found it? I keep some stuff just to remember a particular training run. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the steps went on and on even further! I definitely kept My Little Pony. It's sitting on top of my t.v. right now. :)

      Delete