TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Can’t Hack the Heat

Heat just kills me nowadays. I can’t hack running in it, I can’t hack working it it, I can’t even hack sleeping in it. My husband says that he has to fight a gale force wind when he comes into our bedroom at night because I have the fan running so high. 

It’s more the idea of running in heat that gets to me than the actual doing it. Sitting around in a furnace, makes it very difficult to get out the door for a run. But once I get there, the heat is bearable, and amazingly I can kick out some miles. Most of the time though, I don’t get as far as the front door. I say, heck with it, and drive to an air-conditioned gym instead.

The last time I was able to drag my butt out there was four days ago, Saturday the 23rd at about 4:30PM. The trails were empty, with only a few people hiking up and around Top of the World. But West Ridge, it was a lonely oven with ocean views. Winking smile5.16 miles in all, and that was quite enough for the next few days!

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

7 23 16

No comments:

Post a Comment