TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Short Cut to Top of the World

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESFriday, July 16, I hit the trails at 4:30PM (way too early – it was hot!). I figured the time of day would be okay since I was putting in a short run. I amusingly imagined that it was be a leisure trip. It was not. It was sweaty, it was hot, and it was hard. But it was lovely as well, and I enjoyed the struggle.

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESI ran the short version to Top of the World in Laguna Beach (5.10 miles total). By short, I mean I drove practically right up to West Ridge (omitting Cholla Trail entirely). The hills were rolling, and the trails were basically empty along West Ridge, with just a few cyclists, runners and hikers.  Most people venture into the canyons instead of up along the ridgeline during the heat of the day.  The lizards like the ridgeline though – lots of them scurried about the rocks, even little baby ones. I noticed several bunnies as well, and oh yes, plenty of stink bugs sticking their rears up into the air. Other than the creatures, the run was uneventful, which sometimes is a good thing because it means no falls or injuries. Yay! (Thus, for the life of me, I could not think of anything more creative for a title to this blog Winking smile)

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESSAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURES

7 15 16

No comments:

Post a Comment