TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just Enough Time for a Short Run

I didn't have much time this morning. With a desire for hard miles, I drove to Canyon Vistas Park (again forgetting how to get there) and ran down through the finely manicured park into Wood Canyon. Just a few minutes into the trail, I met up with my good friend, Cholla Trail (with very little time to grow anxious over running it). I began running up Cholla the same time as a cyclist made his way.

I said, "After you."

He said, "No, after you." : )

For a while there, I had him beat. Then he finally overcame me about half way up. At the top, he made his way back down Cholla. I took a left and ran up and down Westridge with delight in my heart, sweat pouring down my face. I felt strong and tried to power every hill, making Top of the World in about forty minutes.

Topping off my handheld, I quickly turned back, ending this short run with a well focused speed burst back down Cholla.

Miles logged this morning: 5.9

Looking over the other side of Top of the World (Laguna Beach)


The message that greets me on my way back down . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment