TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Updating Still . . .

For those of you just joining me in this saga, I am quick approaching the Calico 30k Trail run, my favorite race of the year, the whole reason I began trail running back in June of 2008.  Calico beat me up pretty good that first time, but I finished.  I finished with the promise to return.

After a full year of training, with merely days remaining, I am sick.  Not only am I sick, but I am recovering from some kind of repetitive injury to my hip.  I haven't run in about a week, nor do I think I will be able to run tomorrow, or cross train for that matter in the final days leading up to Calico.

And thus the update for today, Tuesday, January 12, 2010.

I am sicker than I was yesterday.

My hip took a step backward after yesterday's swim. 

I am continuing my "Fast Track to Recovery" plan and trying not to do too much in a day, as far as chores, etc.  I'm just at the point now of seeing what I can do come Sunday, I have no real goals.  I don't really care to get out there and run or cross train until then, because if I'm sick, I fear I'll get sicker.  And if my hip does get increasingly better -- I want to keep it that way til the big day.

As a side note:  I accidentally took double the dose of glucoscomine today.  What the heck is that going to do?  Who knows.  How did I do this?  I took my supplement (1,500 mg) and then later in the day drank one of those joint jucie waters -- which upon close inspection, noticed that it too contained 1,500 mg : )

Here's the good thing about right now:

It's a good thing that I'm sick now and not at the end of the week.  Everyone's been sick in my house, it was only a matter of time.

Being sick also guarantees that I'm not gonna go out there and injure myself further.  I do foolish things like that. : )

Miles logged:  0

No comments:

Post a Comment