TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Friday, February 11, 2011

The Easter Bunny has ALREADY Arrived!

Okay, now I'm totally screwed (excuse my language).  The day that I commit, once again, to get on the straight and narrow with my dietary intake (so that I can be healthier, plus drop some pounds) happens to be the day that Easter candy hits the shelves.  Oh the humanity!  What is going on the in the world????

I am a candy fiend.  Easter candy is my favorite candy.  Nothing compares in my mind. 

But Valentines hasn’t even arrived yet.  Yup.  That’s right.  The aisles have both Valentines and Easter Candy. 

I like to know how candy got associated with Easter anyway.

I already had set Saturday (tomorrow), the day before my long run to get my diet straight.  So today, after an Italian birthday dinner (my son’s and mine – his birthday is today, mine in a few days), I bought a whole bag of Easter candy. 

I won’t say what happened next.  But it wasn’t pretty.

So, if dropping some pounds and eating a healthier diet is so important, why haven’t I done it?  I have to answer, sadly, that it must not be that important.  If it was, I would do it. 

In my defense (yes, one of my excuses) is my work schedule.  I leave for work well before dinner and arrive home after dinner time, starved.  But I should count my blessings.  I love my job.  It’s actually too good to be true (just need a tad more hours).  So, I refuse to blame my job.  I have to blame myself!

I’ll just close my eyes when I walk past the candy aisle.  And I’ll take it day by day.  And because 90% of the day my want to get healthier is not that important, I believe I must resolve again to record calories.  And I will drink more water, especially when I first get home from work (so that I don’t clean out the fridge : ) and I will celebrate Easter (when it finally arrives) happily without loads of sugar.

Happy Easter Valentines Day. Winking smile

4 comments:

  1. I don't discriminate. I love all candy...especially chocolate.

    This made me laugh out loud! : I won’t say what happened next. But it wasn’t pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg. i love easter candy. i work within walking distance to a walgreens. any candy-holiday is a dangerous time of year for me. so basically all year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One Crazy Penguin thanks for reading! Almost two days down and no candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay -- walking distance from Walgreens would kill me! I too basically love all holiday candy, but Easter, yikes! (My second favorite seasonal candy is Valentines!)

    ReplyDelete