TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chillin’

I’m taking a break, but I haven’t stopped running trails.  For now, I’m going for the short runs (short being less than 10 miles).  No big adventures planned for the immediate future.  The past couple months I had been contemplating a 50k for December.  That’s off the table now.  November, I’m chillin’ and having some fun on the run.  December, I’ll kick it up a notch for Calico in January.  For now, I have some re-evaluating and resting up to do.

Greetings on a warm November morning at Top of the World:Running Cyn Vistas TOW 11-6-2012, Elevation - Distance

2 comments:

  1. IMHO, very smart move. Strength and conditioning is not gained through exercise, but through recovery. And sometimes the recovery is a mind thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenn. Recovery is for sure a mind thing. I've also heard and read again and again that strength is gained through recovery. Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try and take it.

    ReplyDelete