TALES FROM THE TRAIL (AND SOMETIMES THE ROAD TOO)

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Charged

Today was my day to play gym rat.  And what a lovely couple hours it was.  I even put in some speed work in on the treadmill, which is oh so painful for me.  I pretty much hate it.  But I thought it would be a good idea to run at the gym – kill 2 birds with 1 stone, so they say (though I have no reason to kill a bird at all).

Ran 3.2 miles on the treadmill, with my bursts at a 7.3 pace.  That is really quite remarkable for me, even though my bursts are only 65 seconds.  Believe me.  This is a vast improvement.  And I hardly do speed work at all.  So it seems that little work goes a long way, as I’ve been told, with speed work. 

On another note, a much brighter note, my 3 boys presented their Christmas gift to me early.  It was a camera!  It’s charging now, getting ready for tomorrow’s run (If I can drag myself out of bed after a few glasses of wine tonight . . . times are tough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment